Posting date: January 23, 2017
The Richmond Jewish Day School is a fully accredited community-based Jewish independent school (K-7), whose mission is to graduate confident, well-rounded, ethical and independent children who are well prepared to grow into thoughtful, committed and fully engaged members of the Jewish and broader Canadian communities.
Richmond Jewish Day School is seeking a Business Manager starting in the current 2016-17 school year. We are looking for a positive, supportive, hard working, and detail oriented individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced and value-based environment.
While this role involves day-to-day office support such as bookkeeping, maintaining filing systems and other duties, the Business Manager will also be expected to engage in higher level duties such as supporting the school’s tuition assistance process and engaging with the Board of Directors and fundraising administration.
- Perform full cycle bookkeeping duties such as A/R, A/P and Payroll
- Maintain complete filing system to support payroll records
- Sort, process and verify receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- Bank deposits
- Bank/Credit Card reconciliation
- Assist with year-end preparation
- Organize, manage and update files and documents for accountants and Board of Directors for Ministry, CRA and Registrar of Companies purposes.
- Provide support Head of School and Board of Directors with budgets, cash flow, forecasts, cost management and business controls
- Administration of school registration, parent fee assessments and payments, including preparation of tuition tax receipts
- Administration / recording of fundraising, donations and preparation of receipts
- Responds to payroll & benefits questions from employees
- Work with facility maintenance contractors and vendors on repair issues
- Teacher supply ordering
Essential skills include:
- 3-5 years (or more) of administrative and bookkeeping experience
- Excellent Simply Accounting skills.
- Working towards CPA designation an asset
- Excellent MS Office Suite Skills (Work, Outlook, Excel)
- Extremely strong communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively and independently
- Experience working in an independent school environment is an asset
Interested candidates may forward a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] by February 28, 2017.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your cover letter or email.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected to continue the selection process.