Interim Principal Richmond Jewish Day School
One Year Position, 2017- 2018 School Year
Richmond Jewish Day School (RJDS) is a fully accredited, community-based Jewish independent school that combines outstanding academics, shared heritage and a deep understanding of Jewish religion and values. Extending from kindergarten through Grade 7, RJDS represents the entire spectrum of the Jewish community. RJDS is located in Richmond, British Columbia, a suburb of Vancouver.
RJDS is seeking an Interim Principal who is a highly qualified and experienced administrator. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with administration, faculty, Board of Directors and the school community to implement a quality school program for our students. They will effectively manage transition and maintain the school’s vision and learning climate during the one-year of service to the Richmond Jewish Day School. The Interim Principal is responsible for the collective success of the school and will work in collaboration with an experienced and talented administrative team and teaching faculty to embrace and meet the challenges of 21st Century Jewish education.
This position is an interim placement for a one-year period for the 2017/2018 School Year. There is potential for long-term placement.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Prior experience as a successful day school/elementary school administrator preferred
- Advanced degree in Education, Educational Administration, Judaic Studies, or another related field
- Teaching Certificate in British Columbia preferred, but not required
- Ability to be a collaborative leader, and a community builder
- Ability to motivate others to reach common goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Fundraising experience an asset
- Knowledge of, and personal commitment to, Jewish ideals, values, history
- Highly knowledgeable of, sensitive to and genuine respect for all streams of Judaism and openness to a variety of ritual and practice
- Hebrew language skills considered an asset
Qualified applicants should email their current resume, and indicate their availability to start, to [email protected], with the email subject line of “Interim Principal, ATTN: Interim Principal Search Committee“. Please note applicants should apply as soon as possible, but no later than August 1, 2017 as no applications will be accepted thereafter,
We thank all candidates for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.