RJDS at a Glance
- The Richmond Jewish Day School (RJDS) is a fully accredited community-based Jewish independent school, located in Richmond, B.C. that provides academic programming for students from kindergarten to the seventh grade
- RJDS offers comprehensive BC curriculum, French, Hebrew language and Jewish academic programs, which integrate information technology, the arts and athletics into every aspect of the students’ learning experience
- RJDS is committed to educational excellence, a values-based environment and Jewish learning that emphasizes the joy within Judaism and mutual respect and tolerance – students are encouraged to create and sustain bonds within the school and throughout the Jewish community of Greater Vancouver and Israel
- As a community based educational institution, RJDS’s student body is comprised of children from the entire spectrum of the Jewish community; the school is committed to providing a school-wide culture of inclusion and respect for difference that embraces all members of our school community.
What we offer
- RJDS sets the highest standards of achievement for its students and ensures they have the necessary tools and support to thrive, including:
- Small class sizes;
- Dedicated and experienced faculty and support staff;
- A fully equipped computer lab, digital projectors, and computers in every classroom;
- Enthusiastic parent volunteers; and,
- A welcoming, close-knit community
- Extra-curricular activities include: floor hockey, volleyball, basketball, hip hop, choir, Israeli dancing, etc.; RJDS students participate in intra- and extra-mural competitions as well as school-specific tournaments.
- RJDS maintains a kosher and nut-aware facility; a hot lunch program is available 2 times a week
- For families requiring daycare (ages 18 months – 5 years), before care, or after care, we are proud to partner with iCare Child Care, which operates on our school premises. For more information, please contact Ofra Sixto at (604) 277-7770 or visit www.icarechildcare.com.
- Uniforms are required for all students in order to foster a sense of community and school pride and to avoid competition based on appearance and clothing; students are encouraged to express their individuality through personally-developed intellectual and moral standards of excellence
- The RJDS academic year runs from September to June and is divided into 3 terms
- The school day is divided into 8 periods that incorporate both the BC curriculum and Judaic studies, and which vary by day and class
- The school day begins at 8:45 AM and runs until 3:30 PM
- 2:30 PM early dismissal for Shabbat runs from November through March