Richmond Jewish Day School is seeking a Vice-Principal starting in the 2016-17 school year. The qualified candidate is a dynamic educator who is skilled at building strong relationships with students, parents, and teachers, and will provide leadership and oversight of our dual curriculum program – BC Curriculum and Judaic Studies.
Requirements for the position include:
- 3-5 years teaching experience and masters degree in appropriate field required
- BC teacher certification
- Successful experience as a classroom teacher
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with students, staff and parents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to be an instructional leader
- Knowledge of current best practices in education (e.g., differentiated instruction, 21st century skills, classroom technology applications, classroom management, etc.
The Vice-Principal will:
- Work closely with the Principal and other senior administration regarding strategic issues, curriculum and school wide programs.
- Help supervise the BC curriculum and program, ensuring that it meets all Ministry of Education standards.
- Work with teaching staff and administration towards the implementation of British Columbia’s redesigned curriculum
- Have a demonstrated track record of using educational technology to support student learning
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of the school
- Assist the Principal in overseeing teacher growth and development
- Assume teaching duties
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by April 29, 2016 to: Abba Brodt, Principal at [email protected]